The members of the Sheriff’s office are all “sworn” as “deputies of the Sheriff” regardless of their rank or appointed position of responsibility. They are what make the Yuma County Sheriff’s office excellent.
The office of Sheriff provides autonomy for the elected Sheriff to determine priorities based on the resources appropriated by the Board of County Commissioners.
With constant progress the goal, Sheriff Day subscribes to the following priorities and directs the Yuma County Sheriff’s Office to focus on the following, and encourage the community to participate in the same:
- Protection of Constitutional Liberty and Freedom
- Enforcement of the Rule of Law
- Proactively pursue dangerous illegal drug crimes and those crimes associated with illegal drug activity
- Maintain an environment in the Yuma County Jail that decreases recidivism rates
- Actively pursue positive law enforcement interaction with the community